Monday, June 16, 2008

BOOK CLUB

SO I figure if we already have 7 mommy's interested we should start something.
FIRST, who wants to head this up? (DANA???)
NEXT, We need to decide when to meet, how often, where, when and of course what to read.
My silly idea was to read a book that already has a movie out or soon to be coming out. What do you think? For example, I read the Kite Runner a long time ago when it came out, but I have not watched the movie. There have been so many lately that come to mind: Memory Keepers Daughter, Atonement, Pride and Prejudice, The Other Boleyn Girl, I could go on and on....and of course the highly anticipated TWILIGHT. I prefer to read a book before I see the movie, so I thought if I had a timeline and a date with some girlfriends I might actually get my reading list done and culminate with a movie night. Any takers with this idea?

Or we could just do a traditional book club and meet at someones house or a restaurant once a month or so. Please YES voters give me your ideas and someone (DANA?) please feel free to take this one on.

10 comments:

kristi said...

I'm in. Let me know what to read. I'd give some ideas but I don't even know what's good right now. (I only heard about Twilight because it was mentioned on Allie's blog.) I havent read anything non-church-related for a LONG time, so I'm up for almost anything, literally.

Urmston Family said...

I have wanted to be apart of a book club for so long. So count me in. ~JIll

SAS said...

Kristi, opposite of you I haven't read anything Church related in a LONG time (besides my Sunbeam manual and the occasional scripture). You are a good example to me. Maybe you should share your knowledge with a Church book club?

Maybe you should read Twlight, I think it would count as it is written by an LDS mommy, BYU grad--right?

cyndi said...

Sara I am right there with you--does my CTR 5 manual count. . .?

Count me in I can't promise I will read the book :) but I will listen to all your fabulous comments, go to the movies and of course eat with you.

Tracy said...

I love to read, though I am wondering now why I haven't read a book in the last few (okay 4 or 5) months. I have not heard of Twilight. Is it by an LDS author? I guess the last "church" book I read (aside from primary lessons) is The Work and the Glory--I think that dates me....

Christa said...

The blog looks awesome!! Add me as an author as well, if you get the chance. christabarlow@gmail.com

The book club is a really cool idea.

Br Boys said...

There is some good feed back on books in the book club on Dana's sight. I love the movie idea! I'm in.

Jonesy said...

Sara - I'm in and want to be added to the site as an author too !
jkjones96@aol.com
Thanks,Kellie

Memzy said...

Add me to the book club. I hope I'm not too late.

emilykw8@gmail.com

Sisi said...

Sara, count me in. Let me know if you have already read Twlight because, I haven't yet. Let me know how it works (Book Club)